Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Bibb lettuce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 389 calories, 34g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Avocado Grapefruit Salad
"The dressing was good, but the salad itself was an unpleasant mix of flavors and on the messy side."