Avocado Grapefruit Salad
Here's a simple salad to make. The dressing is light and pleasant— great complement to the two fruits.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 medium pink or red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Bibb lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir salad dressing. Arrange grapefruit and avocados on lettuce-lined plates; drizzle with desired amount of dressing. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 34g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Grapefruit Avocado Salad in Country Extra July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.