Avocado Goat Cheese Truffles
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, finely chopped
- Pretzel sticks, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses, garlic, lime zest, oil, chili powder and pepper flakes until blended. Stir in onion and cilantro. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- With a small melon baller, scoop out avocado balls onto a baking sheet; sprinkle with lime juice. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture around each ball, then roll in pumpkin seeds. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with pretzel sticks.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 65 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 25, 2018
This recipe was a spectacular failure. What am I missing here? Good concept but impossible to get the cheese mixture around the avocado. I ended up turning it into a dip out of frustration and desperation. Could you please post a video of someone making this?