Avocado Goat Cheese Truffles
Give guests the VIP treatment with luxurious truffles you can make in your own kitchen. The goat cheese is mild, and red pepper heats up each bite just a bit. Crackers are the perfect accompaniment. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, finely chopped
- Pretzel sticks, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses, garlic, lime zest, oil, chili powder and pepper flakes until blended. Stir in onion and cilantro. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- With a small melon baller, scoop out avocado balls onto a baking sheet; sprinkle with lime juice. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture around each ball, then roll in pumpkin seeds. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with pretzel sticks.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Cheese Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.