- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- For dressing, mix yogurt, honey, lemon peel and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Toss avocados with remaining lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; gently stir in avocados. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAvocado Fruit Salad
"This was an interesting fruit salad. The majority of my family enjoyed it, the ones who didn't don't like fruit and avocados anyways. It was really easy to make and the taste was very similar to any other creamy dressing based fruit salad. I had to substitute orange peel for lemon peel (since I didn't have any) and after tossing the lemon juice with the avocado, I didn't have much left that drained out, so I added a bit more lemon juice to the dressing."