Buttermilk and fat-free yogurt create the base for this creamy and delicious dressing. And the avocado, parsley and dill add freshness, flavor and a lovely color to this easy choice for summer pasta. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid or small bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 30 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Apr 14, 2018
I liked the basic idea of this dressing, but it is quite bland. I am trying to figure out how to "spice it up" a bit!
Apr 24, 2010
This is so good I licked the blender cover. I also passed it on to my daughter and sister in law.