- 5 medium ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Place two avocado halves in a large bowl; mash lightly with a fork. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mix until well blended. Stir in crab, 3 tablespoons cilantro, chives, serrano pepper, capers and pepper. Spoon into remaining avocado halves.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro; serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forAvocado Crab Boats
"I agree with Water4Chocolate. The ingredient list shows 5 avocados being used, but only the flesh from 2 halves being called for in the recipe. And it serves 8, so I presume 8 empty avocado half shells are being used, not 10 that would result from using 5 avocados.What happens to the flesh from the other 4 avocados? Are we to put the flesh from 5 whole avocados in the mix, and then stuff 8 half shells with the total mixture using the other ingredients?"
"These are so good and so easy!"
"Something isn't right about the directions. It's based around Two avocado halves??? What am I missing here?"