Avocado Citrus Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, grapefruit, oranges, avocado and almonds. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 355 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 15, 2014
Yum-O. I served the whole thing with a piece of perfectly cooked salmon and the acidity of the salad complemented the salmon perfectly. Also couldn't find white onions and left out the poppy seeds. With red onions the dressing was slightly pink, but I'm Ok with that.
Mar 4, 2009
I tried this for a dinner party of 12 and it went over fabulous. The flavors in dressing are great. I subsituted thin Fuji apple slices instead of grapefruit but still using oranges. The recipe was taken home by many.
May 11, 2008
This is excellent, and is my husband's favorite salad. Absolutely wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.