Avocado Chicken Pitas Recipe
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Brush one side of each pita bread with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Spread over pitas. Layer with chicken, tomato and cheese.
- 3. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 723 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1265mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 46g protein.
Reviews for Avocado Chicken Pitas
"This was very good. The pesto is what made this recipe. I think next time I am going to add some bacon, olives, cilantro and green onion for toppers just for more yummy goodness."
"After seeing the picture, i was very intigued. I never thought you can have a "pizza" with avocado "sauce". :)I didnt have pita bread on hand so i made dough by using another recipe on this site: https://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Parmesan-Breadsticks-2I know its for bread sticks but it was very good as a pizza dough :) i baked a pizza dough and put on the toppings to heat again. I didnt use the hot pepper or e lemon juice (not a big fan of either) but i did spice it up a li'l with paprika and regular pepper. My 20 month old devoured a slice (without the added paprika) yum yum!"
"Very good and easy."
"I was so excited when I tried this recipe, and discovered that my kids would eat avocado this way! Kid and Adult friendly!NM"
"My husband and I loved this! We will definitely be making this again!"
"Recipe-Bot--That sounds interesting, but the reicpe is only available to subscribers. "
"Delicious! I loved it! I didn't have any chicken, but I used bacon bits instead and it was awesome! Thanks for a great recipe, that I will certainly use again!"