My mother shared this fabulous recipe with me, and I have shared it with many friends. They are always requesting this tasty appetizer. The flavor explosion is something else. —Stephanie Perenyi, Littleton, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Preheat broiler. Whisk together the first 8 ingredients; stir in herbs. Fold in avocados. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Top with avocado mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 118 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.