Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
This simple colorful salad is easy to make. We eat a lot of grapefruit so I was happy to come up with this pleasing combination. The honey in the dressing enhances the taste of both fruits.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place lettuce on two salad plates. Section the grapefruit over a bowl to reserve juice. Arrange grapefruit sections and avocado slices on lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and 1-1/2 teaspoons reserved grapefruit juice. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 20g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Avocado and Grapefruit Salad in Reminisce February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.