Autumn Vegetable Mash Recipe
I stop mashing before the veggies get too smooth because I like a chunky texture. But go ahead and keep mashing if you like them smoother in this dish. —Dana Balter, Naples, Florida
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large celery roots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, parsnips, celery roots, broth and 2 teaspoons salt. Add water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a large bowl; reserve cooking liquid. Mash vegetables, gradually adding the milk, garlic powder, pepper, remaining salt and enough reserved cooking liquid to reach desired consistency. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Autumn Vegetable Mash
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
"Wonderful recipe. Followed recipe; no adjustments needed. Love this recipe."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC