I make this pretty dish with squash from my garden. It has a delicious, crunchy topping.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup mashed cooked acorn or butternut squash
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, 1/4 cup cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, egg, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-cup baking dish. Combine remaining crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Originally published as Autumn Squash in 2001 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.