Autumn Squash Tartlets
I use the fall squash from my family's Mississippi pumpkin farm to develop recipes that teach people how to cook with squash. My wonderful autumn appetizer can be made with any fall squash. —Leslee Colson, Montgomery, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Unfold puff pastry; cut out sixteen 2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Place squash and cream in a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pastry cups. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Top with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fall Squash Tartlets in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.