VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Unfold puff pastry; cut out sixteen 2-in. circles from each sheet. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Place squash and cream in a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into pastry cups. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Top with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 32 tartlets.
Originally published as Autumn Squash Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p111