- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAutumn Spinach Salad
"Made salad as written. Very good."
"This is one of my husband's favorites! Last time I made it, I added cubed Gouda and crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese. The flavors are out of this world!!"
"excellent recipe. I used apple instead of pear and walnuts in place of pecans. Very good flavor. I will certainly used this for family dinners."
"Great flavor and so easy. I only use 1 Tablespoon of sugar - the pear and cranberries add sweetness to the mix. Will make this often!"
"I don't put any celery in since my son doesn't like raw celery. I like sliced raw white button mushrooms with my spinach salads so I add that instead. I also decrease the sugar a bit since it is a tad sweet for our tastes. Otherwise this is definitely a keeper!"
"We have made this several times, changing the fruit and once substituting celery see for the celery. Always good. I think it is the dressing that puts it over the top. We have decreased the sugar in the dressing as we found it too sweet."
"Great flavor. Forgot the celery when I made it and it was still good."
"Made this last night and it was amazing!!! We did not have canola oil so used extra virgin olive oil instead and it was soooo good!!!"
"Loved it! Would definitely make again!"