This recipe is a perfect accompaniment to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. The vinaigrette adds a wonderfully fresh flavor. --Patricia Schmeling
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large unpeeled Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, dill, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil while whisking. In a large bowl, combine the apples, cheese, walnuts and 3 tablespoons dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Place romaine and watercress in a large salad bowl; drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Arrange romaine mixture and apple mixture on serving plates. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Autumn Salad in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.