- 6 radishes
- 4 green onions
- 1 medium pumpkin (about 8 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 medium head cabbage
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 fresh cauliflowerets
- 6 fresh broccoli florets
- Wooden skewers
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths
- 8 fresh green beans
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 fresh asparagus spears
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Trim both ends of each radish. With a sharp knife, cut radishes into roses. Cut white portions of onions into 1-1/2-in. lengths; set aside green portions of onions for flower stems.
- Cut white portions into thin strips, leaving one end intact. Place in a bowl of ice water; add radishes. Refrigerate until radishes open and onions are curled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut top off of pumpkin; scoop out and discard seeds. Place cabbage half in pumpkin, flat side down, for base.
- Score cucumber by cutting lengthwise strips through peel; cut cucumber into slices. Thread the cucumber, cauliflower and broccoli onto skewers; insert into cabbage base. Drain radishes and onions; thread onto skewers and insert into base.
- With a sharp knife, cut carrots into flower shapes. Thread green beans and reserved green onion portions onto skewers. Top with carrot flowers and tomatoes. Insert into base. With toothpicks, attach the asparagus to base. Fill in around inside edge of pumpkin with parsley sprigs. Yield: 1 centerpiece.
Reviews forAutumn Pumpkin Centerpiece
"This is a great looking center piece but there needs to be instructions on "How To" cut the vegitables in the different shapes. There are no instructions for that."