Autumn Power Porridge
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Milk, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, oats, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice and agave nectar. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Serve with milk if desired.
Editor's NoteSteel-cut oats are also known as Scotch oats or Irish oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 361 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks you, Jennifer, for sharing this recipe. I used red quinoa and raisins in the recipe and cut it in half.
Apr 21, 2016
This was pretty good. Very good on a cold winter morning.
Sep 12, 2014
My vegan friend loved it and asked for the recipe. I thought it was just ok.
Sep 15, 2012
My husband, who hates oatmeal, LOVED this recipe.