Autumn Power Porridge
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, oats, quinoa and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin, pie spice and agave nectar. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Serve with milk if desired.
Editor's NoteSteel-cut oats are also known as Scotch oats or Irish oatmeal.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 361 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks you, Jennifer, for sharing this recipe. I used red quinoa and raisins in the recipe and cut it in half.
Apr 21, 2016
This was pretty good. Very good on a cold winter morning.
Sep 12, 2014
My vegan friend loved it and asked for the recipe. I thought it was just ok.
Sep 15, 2012
My husband, who hates oatmeal, LOVED this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.