Autumn Pork Stew Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pork and onion in butter until meat is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the broth, salt, rosemary, sage and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in squash and apples; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 289 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Pork Stew
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC