Autumn Pork Stew
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook pork and onion in butter until meat is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the broth, salt, rosemary, sage and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in squash and apples; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Harvest Stew in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.