- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 12 dried apricots
- 6 dried pitted prunes
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter for 1-2 minutes on each side. Arrange apricots and prunes over pork. Combine the cider, sugar, salt and curry; pour over fruit. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove chops and fruit and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAutumn Pork Chops
"I've made this recipe many times. I love it! And it smells so good while cooking, too. It's a keeper for me."