Autumn Pork Chop Dinner
I like to cook for two and try to make just the right amount so I don't have leftovers. With its golden pork chops, tasty green beans and tangy cabbage, this meal-in-one is a favorite of my husband, William.—Cecelia Wilson, Rockville, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 loin pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. Toss cabbage with brown sugar and parsley; place in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes and beans. Arrange chops over vegetables. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Pour apple juice over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until the pork chops and vegetables are tender. Combine the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake for 15 minutes longer.