Autumn Pork Chop Dinner
I like to cook for two and try to make just the right amount so I don't have leftovers. With its golden pork chops, tasty green beans and tangy cabbage, this meal-in-one is a favorite of my husband, William.—Cecelia Wilson, Rockville, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 loin pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; remove and set aside. Toss cabbage with brown sugar and parsley; place in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes and beans. Arrange chops over vegetables. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Pour apple juice over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until the pork chops and vegetables are tender. Combine the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake for 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 625 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Autumn Pork Chop Dinner in Taste of Home October/November 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.