I clipped this recipe out of the paper quite a few years ago, and it instantly became a family favorite. Tender pieces of tasty apple appear in every bite. - Helen Wiebe, Altona, Manitoba
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, ketchup, celery and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts5 each: 427 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1884mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Autumn Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips