Autumn Fruit Salad
Just because summer is over doesn't mean you have to give up fruit salads. This salad highlights fruits available in fall and it still tastes wonderful.—Anita Foster, Fairmount, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 medium apple, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons frozen whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Toss banana and apple pieces with orange juice to prevent discoloration. Drain any excess juice. Toss with all remaining ingredients. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 193 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Autumn Fruit Salad in Country Woman September/October 1990
Oct 22, 2012
I just wasn't feeling this one. Something didn't fit. Maybe it was the mandarin oranges?
Jan 12, 2010
This salad tastes so good, I have to hide it from my kids to keep it safe. It's a keeper for sure and we'll be making it many more times.