- 1 large ripe pear or tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 slices cinnamon bread, toasted
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the pear, 1/4 cup water, sugar, raisins if desired, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to fruit mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm over cinnamon toast. Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAutumn Dessert
"Great with ice cream"
"Sounds like a delicious recipe - is the nutritional information available?"