Since our state is second in the country in apple production, I make many recipes using them. My family often requests this dish for Sunday dinners and Thanksgiving.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups sliced unpeeled tart apples
- 3 cups sliced carrots, cooked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Place half the apples in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover with half the carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over apples and carrots. Repeat layers. Pour orange juice over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 169 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Autumn Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.