- 1/4 cup buttery spread
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and cubed (about 9 cups)
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, cubed (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Mix first four ingredients. Using a melon baller or 1-teaspoon measuring spoon, shape mixture into 12 balls. Freeze on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze up to 2 months.
- In a 6-qt. stock pot, heat oil over medium heat; saute rutabagas, celery root, leeks and carrot 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in stock, herbs, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan. Stir in milk; heat through. Top servings with chives and herbed buttery spread balls. Yield: 12 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forAutumn Bisque
"Hi Jeani_Coleman,The balls are about 1 tsp in size (see the directions step 1). There are 12 tsp in 1/4 cup and then you're adding 4 1/2 tsp of herbs. You should be able to get 14 nice size balls out of that."
"I haven't made this yet but how can you make 14 balls out of 1/4 cup butter. Something is not right. The butterball in the picture looks like it's at least 1 Tbs which would yield only 4."