Long ago, Johnny Appleseed passed through this part of the country. Now, nearly every hill is crowned with ancient apple trees. Cider is abundant in the fall, and my family looks forward to having it in this bean dish! —Mara Mcauley, Hinsdale, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a skillet, lightly fry bacon. Remove to paper towel to drain. Set aside 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mar 21, 2012
Holy WOW! These are like heaven in your mouth! A perfect compliment to pork. Wish I'd found this recipe in the fall. A new fav!
Feb 29, 2012
Excellent - we will never make beans any other way again!!