Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a skillet, lightly fry bacon. Remove to paper towel to drain. Set aside 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Oct 28, 2019
I was a little hesitant when I saw raisins on the list but wow. Love the flavor. I also cut the cider back and added finely chopped apple. Yum
Sep 9, 2019
These are a nice change of pace for fall. I added a diced honeycrisp apple, cut the amount of cider to 1/2 cup, and next time I will try apple pie spice instead of cinnamon. I baked mine in 375 oven for 40 minutes. Really good with pork as others have mentioned.
Mar 21, 2012
Holy WOW! These are like heaven in your mouth! A perfect compliment to pork. Wish I'd found this recipe in the fall. A new fav!
Feb 29, 2012
Excellent - we will never make beans any other way again!!