Autumn Apple Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange apple slices over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 200 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 12, 2017
Excellent and I'm not a fan of apple pie. Very easy to make. Crust was even better on the 2nd day.
Oct 30, 2013
5 star! great recipe for use of fall apples. Very easy!
Oct 5, 2013
This is excellent! However, before I added the apples atop the crust, I softened 4 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese with 1/4 C powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Then, I added the apples and topping. This is sooo good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.