Autumn Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apple butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger. Add eggs. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until set (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts if desired.
- 4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 303 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Autumn Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
"Amazing!! Can't wait to see my family's face as they try this for the first time. So different and that is what I like"
"It is so yummy, and pretty easy to make!!! I would totally make it again! :)"
"It's good and very easy. Peach or pear butter would work,too."
"I saw Paula Deen make this pie over the weekend. It sounds very good to me."