Autumn Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apple butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger. Add eggs. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until set (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts if desired.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared apple butter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 303 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 25, 2016
Amazing!! Can't wait to see my family's face as they try this for the first time. So different and that is what I like
Oct 24, 2010
This pie was so moist! My family loved it. It was a really nice change from the traditional pumpkin pie. This will be my goto recipe!
Oct 12, 2010
It is so yummy, and pretty easy to make!!! I would totally make it again! :)
Oct 11, 2010
It's good and very easy. Peach or pear butter would work,too.
Nov 24, 2008
I saw Paula Deen make this pie over the weekend. It sounds very good to me.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.