VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken livers, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add the chicken livers, onion, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Saute over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender; process until smooth. Melt the remaining butter; cool to lukewarm. Add to blender and process until blended.
- Pour into a 2-1/2-cup mold that has been lined with plastic wrap. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, unmold pate onto a chilled plate. Press olives on top of pate; garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 cups).
Originally published as Aunt Shirley's Liver Pate in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p6
Reviews forAunt Shirley's Liver Pate
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2016
"Excellent I added some salt and pepper to it as well, Thanks for submitting the recipe"
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2015