VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely grated onion
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and bouillon over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch until blended; gradually whisk in cream. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in crab, cheese and seasonings. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, to allow flavors to blend, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sherry; heat 1-2 minutes longer. Sprinkle servings with additional nutmeg. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Aunt Nancy's Cream of Crab Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p93