- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 unpeeled red apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- FRUIT SAUCE:
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, combine fruits; set aside. Whisk sauce ingredients until smooth. Gently fold into fruits. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forAunt Marion's Fruit Salad Dessert
"This is the best, tastiest fruit salad I have ever eaten. Feel free to omit or swap the fruit. It is still delish!"
"This is one of the wonderful easy recipes that you can change up to any fruit you want depending on the season or holiday.....thanx for sharing...its time I started a new tradition in our house....with St Patrick's Day"
"Delicious! I've been making this since I saw it in Taste of Home magazine 15 or 20 years ago. It is by far my most requested dish for a family gatherings and potlucks. It really is just fruit salad with this amazing sauce, so it's different yet still something familiar. I always double the recipe & still come home with an empty bowl."
"I honestly don't understand the good reviews on this. Just made it for a family gathering and no one cared for it."
"We really enjoyed this and easy to prepare."
"very good will make again - just had oj in bottle so I used that - makes a lot for 2 people but have leftovers for a few days - seem to keep well"
"Made this for elementary kids and they loved it!"
"I added halved green grapes for a bit more color."
"Yummy............ I can't add apples ( my Daughter-in -Law is allergic ) so I add extra of the other fruits. I love the sauce w/the orange flavor."
"We love this recipe as written. Once in a while we'll throw in a handful of coconut for something a little different. This was the 1st salad my kids helped me make when they were little. They thought it was great fun to be the banana "choppers". Definitely a refreshing salad on a hot day or a good old standby for potlucks and picnics."