- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Spread half into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top; sprinkle with remaining topping. Gently swirl topping through batter with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forAunt Lillian's Crumb Cake
"I have made this several times. It is easy and delicious. Everyone loves it."
"Don't know why, but mine came out dry ..... Tasted good, but disappointed"
"I made this for our Sunday School class and they all loved it. So moist and tasty...definitely will make again."
"Thank you so much for sharing!"
"Great recipe.... delicious."
"have made this cake for years but it is much better without the walnuts and coconut!!"
"I have used walnuts also tried it with pecans, my boys like carrot cake so I put some carrots in with the walnuts they enjoyed it will make as stated in future for myself"
"I have made this twice for friends and I am asked for the recipe repeatedly. The cake is very moist and deliciuos! I exchanged the walnuts for pecans and omited the coconut."
"Excellent cake, good cold as well as warm. Would definetly make this again! Did use pecans in place of walnuts though."
"This recipe is simple and delicious. I did not have any cococut but it came out just as delicious. I will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing."