- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup corn chips, crushed
- In a small saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, butter, egg substitute, garlic powder and pepper sauce.
- Pour into a small greased baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAunt Hazel's Grits Casserole
"I have never heard a receipe call for " 2 tblsp beaten egg". Then in the directions it is called egg substitute. Please clairify for me, I would like to make this. Thank you , "