Aunt Fran’s Goulash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, soup, tomato sauce, beans, bouillon, water and pepper. Add cooked noodles and beef; heat through. If desired, garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Mar 17, 2015
Finally a Goulash recipe that doesn't have spaghetti sauce in it! This is much closer to what my mother used to make 45 years ago. I don't remember my mother having beans in hers though! I can't wait to try this!!!
Nov 3, 2014
My picky kids and I love it when I made the following changes: 1 lb hamburger, 1 lb turkey, 1 15 oz can tomato sauce, 1 1/2 beef bouillon granules, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash, a little bit of sugar, a dab of Worcestershire sauce
May 8, 2012
I added fresh & dried basil & oregano leaves to punch the flavor, but it needed more or fresher herbs. It was easy and a different use for ground beef.
May 6, 2012
This is pretty bland, will not make again.
Apr 24, 2012
Making this tonight. Using sausage in place of ground beef. Plan on adding chopped celery and carrots as did another lady.
May 19, 2011
Quick and simple, but underspiced. My grandson liked it that way, but I added HOT salsa and a dab of sour cream to my portion, making it a bit more lively!
Mar 30, 2011
I love this recipe. It reminds of the goulash I had when I was a young girl. Absolutely delicious.
Mar 24, 2011
This recipe was excellent...loved the flavor and simplicity...you can pretty much add whatever you want to this recipe. I used 1 1/2 cup of beef broth in place of the bouillon and it worked great.
Oct 27, 2010
I added some chopped celery, carrot and green pepper to the onions (packing more veggies in for the kids). I also used a large can of spaghetti sauce and an entire box of spiral pasta (12 oz). My whole family loved the flavor of this! I loved how simple it was to get dinner together - and - I'm sure the leftovers will be great too!
Feb 5, 2010
Wish stars went higher than '5', I'd rate it '10'. Have made this many times with rave reviews. In place of bouillon granules and water, I use Swanson beef broth. De-Lish!!