Aunt Anne’s Best Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each VSATEST, marjoram, basil and rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, thyme, marjoram, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 179° adding wine after the first 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Apr 21, 2012
Making (first time) for Sunday Dinner. Given that tasteofhome recipes are *supreme* (IMO), this gets a **5**.
Jan 20, 2011
This was good but the wine sauce was too thin so next time I will thicken it up with butter.
Nov 11, 2009
I thought this was a little too herby, and it seemed to be missing something.
Oct 27, 2008
I did a mixture of butter and olive oil, then added in a small amount of seasoning salt, and Emeril's essence. I also used a combination of minced garlic & garlic powder. Very easy to make.
Apr 3, 2008
My husband thought the mixture of herbs was a little too much but I thought it was an easy and pleasant recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.