Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes8 casseroles (10 servings each)
- 20 pounds red potatoes
- 8 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 6 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Place potatoes in several stockpots and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Peel if desired and cut into cubes. Place about 6 cups of potatoes in each of eight greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Add about 3-1/2 cups of cubed ham to each dish.
- In a the same kettles, combine the soup, flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese, pepper and paprika. Reduce heat and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Pour about 2-1/4 cups of sauce into each pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
May 27, 2013
It was easy to figure out how to make as many casseroles as you want. Just divide everything by 8. Easy to make.
Mar 23, 2012
An amazing dish for a crowd! Recipe can be cut in half for forty servings. Will make over and over. A big hit at church!
Dec 3, 2011
Used this for a fund raiser dinner at church. Everyone loved it so much we decided to serve again for the next one. Several asked for the recipe. Not hard to prepare. Served with baked apples, green beans, and rolls. Total prep and cooking time for the whole meal was around 2.5 hours.
Feb 25, 2010
Served this recipe for at a church Lenten dinner and it was received very well.
Dec 2, 2008
WOndering the same thing. I am going to make it now divided by 12!! Add the soup after the thinkening the milk mixture you think? Barb
Nov 18, 2008
I do not see when you add the celery soup mix?