Au Gratin Party Potatoes
When putting on a party for their American Legion Post, my father and uncle prepared this yummy potato dish. I've used the recipe for smaller groups by making a half or quarter of it. It's simple to divide. -Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makesabout 60 (3/4-cup) servings
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Paprika, optional
- In several large bowls, combine potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to four greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Au Gratin Party Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003