When putting on a party for their American Legion Post, my father and uncle prepared this yummy potato dish. I've used the recipe for smaller groups by making a half or quarter of it. It's simple to divide. -Crystal Kolady, Henrietta, New York
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 packages (16 ounces each) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Paprika, optional
- In several large bowls, combine potatoes, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: about 60 (3/4-cup) servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Party Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p39
Reviews forAu Gratin Party Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2008
"I changed this recipe a bit for my son's graduation party. I used hash brown potatoes. I baked in oven and then dumped into nesco. They were wonderful!"