Au Gratin Chicken Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water, milk, broth, corn and bay leaf. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the chicken, evaporated milk and bacon; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 451 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1162mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2013
it's a quick meal, but nothing special.
Feb 28, 2011
My husband REALLY liked this! He is the pickiest one in the house, so that was GREAT! I did not have regular corn, so I used creamed style, and it was great.
Feb 22, 2011
For a semi-homemade cook and working mom, this is a perfect recipe for a quick, filling dinner.
Feb 20, 2011
My family really enjoyed this soup. We topped each bowl with cheese for a specail touch.