Au Gratin Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until met is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beef mixture, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, soup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the water and milk. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 307 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Mar 18, 2014
This tasted good to me- it's very homey and comforting. We added a little shredded cheddar cheese on the top.
Aug 11, 2011
I changed this recipe up alot! I added three garlic pieces, diced mushrooms, salt and pepper, changed the water for the milk and then dropped the ingredients inside a pie shell. It was great! The whole family ate it up!
Apr 1, 2010
I thought this recipe was just "alright".Honestly it taketed about the same as hamburger helper just with more work
Feb 1, 2010
WAY too salty. I ended up turning the leftovers into a soup, and it still wasn't the biggest hit in my house. I won't be making it again.
Apr 8, 2009
My kids hate casseroles. This one they not only liked but went back for more. I did modify it slightly. I baked it for 35 min then sprinkled mozzarella cheese on the top and baked it for 10 more min.
Jan 22, 2009
Jun 21, 2008
Generally my husband is not fond of boxed au gratin potatoes. I had a box in the house and wanted to use it up, so decided to give this recipe a try. I am happy to report he really enjoyed this dish. Thank you for sharing!