Asti & Strawberries Dessert
Remember this luscious dessert next time you’re hosting a special supper. The combination of sweetened strawberries and dark chocolate mousse is simply outstanding. —Sherry Thompson, Seneca, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold Asti Spumante, divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 pizzelle cookies
- Additional whipped topping
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup Asti Spumante. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until gelatin is dissolved. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the gelatin mixture, melted chocolate and 2/3 cup whipped topping. Beat until combined; fold in remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, vanilla and remaining Asti Spumante. Beat mousse until light and fluffy. Serve with strawberries, cookies and additional whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 402 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Champagne 'n' Strawberry Layered Pizzelles in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.