Guests always rave about this recipe! It's an easy appetizer to put together, so it's great for a regular weeknight, but it looks and tastes special, so it's ideal for holidays and occasions when we want something a little fancier. —Linda Hall, Evington, Virginia
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 24 thick fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix butter, seasoning blend and garlic salt. Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Spread each with 1-1/2 tablespoons butter mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with prosciutto, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each sheet into twelve strips (about 1/2 in. thick). Wrap each strip, filling side in, around an asparagus spear; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Asparagus Wraps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2018