Asparagus with Tarragon Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Dash salt
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine olive oil and flour. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, tarragon and salt. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 83 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2013
This recipe is easy to make, and a great way to add variety to your asparagus.
Jun 18, 2011
My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe a lot. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 8, 2010
The flavor was beautiful. I had it as an accompaniment to the Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce along with potato Pirogues.