Asparagus with Tarragon Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Dash salt
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine olive oil and flour. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, tarragon and salt. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 83 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 30, 2013
This recipe is easy to make, and a great way to add variety to your asparagus.
Jun 18, 2011
My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe a lot. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 8, 2010
The flavor was beautiful. I had it as an accompaniment to the Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce along with potato Pirogues.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.