- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, olive oil, sesame oil, sugar and garlic powder; shake well. Place the asparagus, red pepper and tomato in a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus with Sesame Vinaigrette
"This was good, a nice light side dish with unique flavor from the sesame oil."