- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; sprinkle with salt if desired. Add 1/2 in. of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter; add lemon juice and sesame seeds. Drain asparagus; drizzle with the butter mixture. Yield: 1 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus with Sesame
"I love this recipe! It went over very well with my husband whose fav veggie is asparagus. I cut the butter in half and added a little bit of toasted sesame seed oil."
"I have never had asparagus that was truly crisp-tender like this recipe was. I followed the cooking directions exactly (which was incredibly easy) and they came out perfect. I used a 1-lb bundle of asparagus with only adding an extra teaspoon of butter and keeping all other ingredients exactly the same. It was an extremely easy and great tasting side dish. Thanks Violet for sharing."