Asparagus with Orange Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- 1. Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne. Drain asparagus; top with orange sauce. Garnish with orange slices and peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asparagus with Orange Sauce
"Quite tasty, I used fat free mayo and vanilla yogurt."